Have got : informal
Have : formal
HAVE GOT and HAVE are interchangeable when we talk about possession or relationship in present tens.
- Actions : Have a shower ( take a shower- American English) , have breakfast etc.
- Past tense : I had a test ( wrong -> I have got )
- Custom : I have an important workout after dinner
- Short answer : Have you got a cat? Yes, I have. ( wrong- Yes , I have got . )
- Question: Do you have … ?
- Negative form : Do not have.
HAVE GOT :
- Negative form : Have not got
- Question : Have you got…?